This is our FPL Gameweek 22 tips and preview. These Fantasy Premier League GW 22 tips are based on our unique FPL Fixture Tracker and PlayerDatabase. Note, our stats include all matches in all competitions. If we write “5 goals in 5 matches” it means also League Cup, UCL/UEL and Premier League all included. Check also our Premier League GW 22 betting tips!
FPL gameweek 22 tips – the best attacking potential
Man City: 2.78 goals
Man Utd: 2.34
Manchester City and Leicester stand out this weekend. Manchester United have also a rare scoring opportunity since they meet poor Norwich at home.
- Kevin De Bruyne: 3G + 4A in the previous five matches. KDB is hot right now despite blanking against Everton at New Year’s day.
- Sergio Aguero: ‘Kun’ has recently returned from a long injury and scored in two consecutive matches. There’s a risk Jesus starts, though.
- Jamie Vardy: Missed a couple of matches through injury, but he’s back now. 11G + 5A in the previous 11 matches is simply crazy.
- Ayoze Perez: 1+1 against Newcastle and 0+2 against WHUFC after a long dry spell. He’s back in form?
- Marcus Rashford: Failed vs Gunners like the rest of the team, but nine goals in 11 starts tells everything you need to know.
- Sadio Mane: 3G + 5A in seven previous matches he has started. Mane has picked up either a goal or an assist in six of them.
FPL gameweek 22 tips – the best defensive potential
Man Utd: 49% probability for a clean sheet
Sheffield Utd: 48%
Crystal P: 43%
Sheffield United and Crystal Palace are teams I’d avoid this round. This is due to the fact their opponents (Everton & Arsenal) have recently changed manager and this has led to much-improved performances. This is not captured in the long-term statistics yet.
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka: He is the only United defender with an assist in the previous 15 matches. If there’s another coming, it’s likely Wan-Bissaka who gets it again.
- George Baldock: 2G + 3A in the previous 10 matches. The SUFC full-back has been a fantastic pick this season.
- Johnny Evans: Cheap but reliable pick from Leicester defense, who has recorded two goals and an assist to his name in the previous eight matches.
FPL gameweek 22 preview – the best attacking potential for the next 6 gameweeks:
Liverpool: 14.89 expected goals
Man City: 12.87
Man Utd: 9.77
These teams are mostly already covered above. We’ll add a couple of names, though.
- Riyad Mahrez: Has been selected as a starter recently, 2G + 3A in the previous eight matches.
- Harry Kane: 10 goals in the previous 13 starts for the English striker. Kane has been re-vitalized under Mourinho.
- Heu-Ming Son: The South Korean was having a massive scoring spree before his suspension. Son is back now.
- Anthony Martial: Four goals in five matches. If it’s not Rashford scoring, the only real option seems to be Martial.
FPL gameweek 22 preview – the best defensive potential for the next 6 gameweeks:
Liverpool: 2.90 clean sheets
Sheffield Utd: 2.57
Crystal Palace: 2.12
Note that Manchester City is missing from this list entirely. They have horrible fixtures lining up with four out of six games at away soil.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold: 1G + 7A in the previous ten matches. TAA should always be the number one pick from the Liverpool defense.
- Djibril Sidibe: If you want EFC defenders, go for the full-back Sidibe. He has four assists in ten matches, way more than anyone else.
- Jairo Riedewald: Palace have Dann, Sakho, Van Aanholt, Ward and Schlupp all injured. This means Riedewald should continue in defense, who’s currently TSB 0.0% (!!)