This is our FPL Gameweek 23 tips and preview. These Fantasy Premier League GW 23 tips are based on our unique FPL Fixture Tracker and PlayerDatabase. Note, our stats include all matches in all competitions. If we write “5 goals in 5 matches” it means also League Cup, UCL/UEL and Premier League all included. Check also our Premier League GW 23 betting tips!
FPL gameweek 23 tips – the best attacking potential
Liverpool: 2.31 goals
Man City: 2.12
It’s the usual suspects plus Brighton this week! Seagulls face the horrible Villa defense at home, which should be a good opportunity for goals.
- Sadio Mane: 3G + 5A in the previous eight matches he has started in all competitions. Mane has been the main threat of Liverpool this season.
- Riyad Mahrez: 3G + 3A in the previous four matches he has started. 2G + 1A against Villa. It’s hard for Pep to leave him out of the starting XI in this form.
- Sergio Aguero: 5G + 1A in four matches since his return from a long injury. A hattrick against Villa last week.
- Jamie Vardy: 8G + 6A in the previous 12 matches. Foxes are in a downtrend but Vardy gets a goal or an assist in almost every match he starts.
- Neal Maupay: 3G +1A in the previous 8 matches. Nobody stands out in Brighton, but Maupay is a good pick for goals.
FPL gameweek 23 tips – the best defensive potential
Liverpool: 49% probability for a clean sheet
Man City: 47%
Liverpool are holding clean sheets match after another. They are once more the prime CS candidates.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold: 1G + 7A in the previous 11 matches. He’s been the number one player to have from Liverpool squad recently.
- Benjamin Mendy: No goals or assists lately, but we know the potential. He looks like the most certain full-back to start in Pep’s rotation.
- Sam Byram: If Norwich will ever get a clean sheet it’s now against clueless Bournemouth defense. Byram has 0.0% TSB.
- Sokratis: The only Arsenal defender, who has lately scored. Kolasinac has more FPL potential but he’s a doubt at the moment.
FPL gameweek 23 preview – the best attacking potential for the next 6 gameweeks:
Liverpool: 13.90 expected goals
Man City: 13.43
Man Utd: 9.31
I would be careful with Leicester, since the team is clearly in a downtrend. Jamie Vardy seems to always find a way to score some FPL points, though.
- Mo Salah: 5G + 3A in the previous nine matches. Salah hasn’t been as phenomenal as earlier, but he is the only real choice besides Mane.
- Kevin De Bruyne: 3G + 6A in the previous seven matches. KDB has performed really in the past four weeks.
- Lucas Moura: 4G + 2A in the previous thirteen matches. He’s not in-form, but who else is at Spurs? Son hasn’t scored any points lately, Alli neither and Kane is out injured.
- Marcus Rashford: 10 goals in the previous twelve starts. He has been fantastic lately and scored a brace against Canaries as well.
- Anthony Martial: 6 goals in the previous nine matches. Scored also against Norwich.
FPL gameweek 23 preview – the best defensive potential for the next 6 gameweeks:
Liverpool: 3.34 clean sheets
Sheffield Utd: 2.37
Crystal Palace: 2.21
Liverpool have a fantastic schedule coming up. After Man Utd, there are five matches against midtable class teams.
- Alisson: Six clean sheets in a row and bonus points against Tottenham as well. He doesn’t normally get saves or bonuses but is a solid pick for your 1st-choice GK.
- Joe Gomez: Costs just 5.2 million and is still a regular Liverpool starter, which means he gets all the same clean sheets as 7m priced teammates.
- James Tomkins: He’s the only Palace defender with goals or assists in the previous 15 matches.
- Adam Webster: Three goals for this centre-back in the previous 15 matches, which is more than any other Brighton defender has.
You’ll find this information for all teams from our unique FPL Fixture Tracker. Image: Pexels
Be the first to comment